Tips & Help
Choosing the Right Family
When looking at adoptive families for your baby, it may feel overwhelming to have to narrow the selection to just one. If you feel this way, the best advice is to take your time and speak to more than one family. You can even email with a variety of families until you find a good fit.
You can ask them open and honest questions. Here are some sample questions you may want to consider asking:
- What will life be like for my child in your family?
- Do you have a lot of relatives ready to embrace my child as one of the family?
- How will you share your faith with my child?
- Are there other adopted children in your extended family?
- What are your family traditions that will be shared with my child?
- How will you explain adoption to my child? How will you explain my choice?
- What type of contact are you open to after the adoption?
You want to feel comfortable and confident in your adoption decision. Finding the right family for your child will be a big part of that. If you see any families in our app that interest you, just give us a call to find out more about them: 1-800-923-6784.
Need Maternity Clothes?
If you are pregnant and considering adoption, you may be eligible to receive free maternity clothes through the Birth Mother Blessings program. Call 1-800-923-6784 to ask for more information on this valuable opportunity, including how you can receive other items you may need.
Educational Scholarships for Birth Mothers!
Through the Lifetime Adoption Foundation, educational scholarships are awarded to women who have chosen adoption for their children. Every year many women like you pursue their educational goals through this unique opportunity. All birth mothers are able to apply free of charge for the scholarships. Learn more at www.LifetimeFoundation.org.
Free Counseling Available
All women considering adoption qualify for free decision-making counseling from a licensed family counselor. Or, you can also receive free peer counseling (speaking to a woman who has been where you are). Just call Lifetime at 1-800-923-6784 and ask to arrange your counseling session today.